Saturday, March 30, 2013

Update! Xeranthemum Hat

For those of you who are friends with me on ravelry, you may have noticed I started a new project: the Xeranthemum hat. This pattern was shared with me by the new group I joined "Calling All Knitters: I Dare You to Knit This!". Twice a month there are forum posts open where knitters who want a challenge and unique pattern can sign up to be dared to knit the pattern given to them.

I have 1 month (March 16-April 16) to complete this hat and unfortunately was not able to start it till a few days ago because of so much school work, etc.

Right side of the hat. Will have "flowers" shooting up along this side.
The first "flower" can sort of be seen on the far right. 

I'm actually really happy with the progress so far, I haven't put too much time into it but I changed the gauge and used size 11 circulars (instead of size 7 or 8) and it really helped this hat knit up quickly.

This is the left side of the hat, a simple stockinette pattern. 

I'm home this weekend for Easter (and a break from all my assignments at school!) so hopefully I'll have plenty of time to work on this. I can't wait to finish it, check back soon for updates!!


Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I'd love to hear from you! Post any comments, questions or ideas you have.